Saturday 6 October 2012

Hieronymus Bosch

The below jumper, popped up on my tumblr dashboard. My Grandad used to have Hieronymus Bosch pictires on the bedroom wall where we used to stay as kids. The pictures used to freak us out and we would have nightmares about them.
Hieronymus Bosch

This is a digitally printed top from Swedish company alohafromdeer.com where you can get all sorts of classic paintings amongst other things printed onto clothing - including Hieronymus Bosch below



  
I have never found out which paintings of his they actually were on his wall, and to this day it has annoyed me. It could have also been Pieter Brueghel the Elder who was hugely influenced by Bosch. This one looks more like it. From my memory it had lots of peasant types and lots of fire. Answers on a postcard if you have any idea what I'm talking about!

Pieter Brueghel the Elder (Look familiar? it was the one used on a Fleet Foxes album)

digitally printed sweaters from Aloha from deer



3 comments:

  1. This is familiar... my mother had a print of Hieronymus Bosch that I used to study for long periods of time. I was trying to find which one it was. It may have been the rural community scene you have above. If there were a lot of fires in the painting you remember of your grandfather's, it could have been one of the hell scenes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what sticks in your head from childhood. I googled hell scenes but nothing familiar came up. It was sort of a combination of the top and the bottom, although they are different artists. AnnOYing!

      He also had a photograph of lots of green cats coming down a white staircase. No amount of googling has led me to that one!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, but the first painting on top of that page is not a Bosch painting, but a Peter Brueghel's called Mad Meg (1562) and mostly inspired by the art and work of Hieronymus Bosch.

    Good Day (or evening)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...